There are a few spots left for the LCI core facility light microscopy course (29 Jan – 17 Feb 2024): ‘Microscopy: improve your imaging skills – from sample preparation to image analysis’ (6 credits).
This course is completely unique in that it is a highly hands-on, but your hands will be on your own microscope and own sample. The course runs completely remotely! 😊
- To see how the course can help your microscopy project, check the course webpage. Look at the course schedule 2024 and the alumni testimonies!
- Also check the course syllabus to see the eligibility criteria. Also read what you will learn in the Course content and Intended Learning Outcomes sections.
- If you cannot apply to the course, you can anyway follow any of the lectures (in blue on the schedule) as they will be publicly broadcasted live on Zoom and accessible to anyone without registration. The schedule and zoom link are available on the course page.
The purpose of the LCI facility microscopy course is to provide PhD students, researchers and core facility staff who have some prior experience of microscopy with enough theoretical and practical knowledge about their OWN sample and their OWN microscope, to enable them to:
1) assess and improve their sample so that it becomes suitable for data extraction from fluorescence images,
2) make best use of the hardware available in their lab/facility,
3) fully understand the acquisition parameters they need to set in their own microscope software,
4) design their experiment from scientific question to image analysis using a strong knowledge base.
The aim is to provide you with tools to acquire on ANY wide field, confocal or light sheet microscope, images of your samples that reliably answer your scientific question.
The course is free of charge. Contact us (LiveCellImaging@ki.se) for enquiries.